Focuslight seek to recruit an outstanding Service Engineer for an exciting role serving customers in several EMEA regions. Representing our Focuslight brands, you will interact with some of the most forward-looking and dynamic customers in the world. With our broad portfolio from the laser product line, you support the sales team in pre-sales and after sales activities. Our team members are highly valued for their customer focused attitude and determination to deliver the best results for our customers.
This position offers a lot of variety due to two main areas of activities:
You see yourself as a solution provider.
? Performing application tests in the laboratory for process qualification, optimization and preparation of test protocols.
? Presentation of the tests and the results to customers in a compelling manner.
? Inspection of laser processed samples and evaluation of process.
? Operation of CNC controlled machines for the realizations of applications.
? Maintenance of laboratory equipment.
? Working closely with an industry-leading team of product managers and sales engineers to deliver outstanding solutions to customers, solutions that you will help create, that open doors to the future.
You enjoy helping others.
? Installation, maintenance, retrofitting and regular servicing of laser-based solutions in the EMEA region;
? Training of end users in optimal operation of the system;
? Telephone and e-mail customer support, including problem capture and solution;
? Documentation of the service activities;
? Bachelor of Engineering;
? Experience in laser material processing or service;
? Knowledge of electronics;
? Strong communication skills, written and verbal in English and German;
? Ambitious, results driven, independent nature;
? Hands-on mentality;
? Willingness to travel when needed;
? Driving license.
1. Supervise and direct the overall performance and effectiveness of LO BU to ensure quality management activities fulfill corporate and customer requirements;
2. Define and implement quality processes and procedures that ensure highest standards of quality for LO BU;
3. Provide advice and support for continuous operational process optimization;
4. Provide monthly reporting to senior management on full quality dashboard, and drive improvement initiatives to constantly reduce overall ‘cost of quality’;
5. Ensure ongoing compliance to BU quality certifications (e.g. ISO, IATF) and facilitate audits as appropriate;
6. Direct, guide and manage Quality Control team to ensure rigorous implementation of quality procedures covering full supply chain from raw materials to the customer;
7. Responsible for daily QC operations and to ensure all operations are in full compliance with applicable corporate police;
8. Provide effective leadership including setting individual and department objectives, employee evaluations, leading departmental meetings, providing performance feedback, recognizing employee contributions, coaching and developing staff;
9. Be ‘face to the customer’ for quality issues, scorecards and reviews
1. Bachelor or above degree;
2. Fluent oral and written English, German is strongly preferred;
3. 10 plus years of quality related experience and understanding of product development, manufacturing, quality control, and service in a reputable high technology international company;
4. 5 plus years in leading and managing people through a change/rapid growth process;
5. Ability to handle stress and have a “Sense of Urgency” in resolving quality issues;
6. Ability to define and implement process based quality systems across multiple geographies and markets;
7. Strong leadership, change agent, and influencing skills;
8. Ability to manage for across functional and cultural boundaries.
1.Set up and Improvement automotive quality system，quality control plan and inspection procedure;
2.Analysis of overall requirements of IATF16949 and customer requirements to improve plant quality management system;
3. Responsible for production yield and scarp for samples and mass production;
4.Liaise with customer for quality issues, handle quality complaint from customer;
5.Product quality training for all employees;
6.Generate monthly quality report by using statics methods, and organize quality meeting regularly according to the finding;
7.Set up and assist supply chain management to standardize supplier quality management system and improvement;
8.Assist R&D of new project according to APQP procedure;
9.Lead and conduct Quality system overall training, improvement workshop quality control procedure.
1.Quality management experience; not less than three years’ experience in quality management level;
2.Strong on IATF16949 automotive industry quality system knowledge and experience;
3.Understand customer specific requirement for quality system, e.g. VDA6.3, Formel-Q, Ford Q1, General Motor QSB+;
4.Familiar with automotive industry product design and manufacturing process, material handling, logistic processes;
5.Excellent communication, teamwork, cross functional business understanding;
6.Bachelor or Master degree in engineering, quality, or management related;
7.Knowledge of Lean, TQM or Six Sigma preferred;
8.Good English skill preferred in writing.
1. Organize and deploy the service engineers, mentor subordinates necessary, regularly do hands-on work;
2. Perform the onsite installation, training, preventative maintenance, upgrade and repair of our laser and optical systems;
4. Ability to think, plan and implement strategic tactics;
5. Directs the team in the creation and monitoring of key process improvement measurements;
6. Create and sell service and maintenance contracts, extended warranty contracts and in- house/on-site operation and maintenance training;
7. Direct the activities of service team to control and monitor inventory usage and ensure parts are provided to customers;
8. Timely respond to critical issues and customer complaints. Seek and dispatch local and global resources to better resolve the problem;
9. Provide leadership and guidance to the China Service Staff to ensure team’s talent development and create an energizing and high performance team culture;
10. Establish metrics for measuring service effectiveness and efficiency, as well as customer satisfaction;
11. Manage the day-to-day operations of the Field Service team, to include escalation resolution, quality assessment, project management and employee development planning;
12. Establish strategic goals and support results through best practice leadership and management principles;
13. Resolves customer support issues with speed and quality and maintains strong customer relationships to ensure effective and long-term problem resolution.
1. Bachelor’s degree, preferably in laser, photonics or other related majors, at least 3 years of leading a customer support team within the laser industry;
2. Excellent negotiation skills;
3. Experience in laser applications technology/laser material processing management preferred;
4. Computer proficiency;
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin.
1. Responsible for the SSC expense accounting of each companies; Strictly execute the expense reimbursement according to the company standard and procedure; In accordance with the relevant provisions of the financial department on the expenses of various expenses, strictly control the expenses standards within the scope of the budget, adhere to expense saving principle and the expenses which inconsistent with the required standard cannot be reimbursed.
2. Carefully examine all types of expense originals, complete the signature of the reviewer and the reimbursement applicants , the original number of documents need to be clear and the business situation comply with authenticity and accuracy;
3. According to the originals, to timely compile the accounting vouchers of SSC, the amount and abstract need to be clear; in accordance with the provisions to distinguish the expense accounting items of each department and safely storage the related originals;
4. Check the subsidiaries ledger with the general ledger at the end of each month, to keep the accounts consistent with the actual accounts and financial statements;
5. Account reconciliation of other accounts receivable and payable in a timely manner; accounts aging analysis and clear the long-term payments;
6. At the end of each month, to prepare the summary table of each departments’ expenses, make a comparative analysis with the budget, give an early warning to each related department for those expenses which exceed the monthly budget;
7. Complete other tasks assigned by supervisors.
1. Education: bachelor degree or above in finance, accounting or management；
2. Work experience: at least 5 years related working experience in manufacturing company；
3. Solid knowledge in the field of accounting and controlling；
4. Proficient in MS Office knowledge, especially in Excel;
5. ERP affinity, Navision skills are an advantage and make it easier for you to get started；
6. Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization；
7. Ability to adapt to ever-changing requirements；
8. Excellent analytical mind set "problem solver"；
9. Proficient in written and spoken German skill and written and spoken English ability.